BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Gather round my lovelies and listen to a tale fully of despair, bloodshed and hate...No. Just Kidding. But seriously, keep reading. This is a story.

Once upon a time there was a little girl whose family moved from Colorado to Kentucky. Now, this little girl wasn't happy about the move. She liked her school, her friends and her home. But, as we all know, children rarely get any say in the matters of adults.

So, after moving and setting up her room, the little girls family decided to enroll her in a spring break school program so she could get used to the school before to many kids were there. The little girl wore a pretty sunflower dress but was still scared. In the classroom, the teacher told the students to get out their pencils and crayons and draw until class began. The little girl was scared. She didn't have anything with her. But then she looked up. Sitting across from her was a fair complected, red haired little girl. Both of them smiled and said "Hi" and from then on, the two were inseperable.

Through the years the two girls became closer and closer. They liked the same movies, toys and laughed at the same things. Then, after 5th grade graduation, the red haired girl told the other girl, tearfully, that her family was moving away.

Two hearts were broken that day.

They only saw each other about three times over the next two years...but then the little girl who had moved to ky went to the office one day, in middle school, to get a pencil. As she was leaving she noticed a girl sitting in the front office, filling out paperwork. At that moment the girl with red hair looked up and it was like the world had ended. Sitting there, was the red haired girl from elementary school.

Two hearts were mended that day.

And so it continued for years. The two girls faced obstacles and adversaries together. It was like nothing could part them. They never fought seriously, and the one time they did, neither could stray from the other for long.

And so it continued and for over 13 years, I've known what it's like to have a best friend. I really believe that everyone has two soul mates. One, is the soul-mate to your heart and the other, is the soul-mate to your very being. One if the love of your life, the other is the best friend you can't do without. And, Ashley Brown, you're the soul-mate to me. You're the best friend  I could ever ask for...no, you're the only best friend I'd ever ask for.
You've been with me through thick and thin and no matter what, have never abandoned me. You've held my hand when I was scared, wiped my tears when I cried and smacked me when I really needed it...though, I could've gone the rest of my life without being in Godsmack...well, I suppose it's a fond memory. Never before has anyone else smacked me with a bible and said so cheerily, "Look, now you've been godsmacked."

0 comments: